To provide direct care services to program participants. To serve as a driver or an attendant on the vans as designated.
- Participate in designing appropriate goals and objectives for participants with QIDP
- Assists participants with goals and objectives stated on their Individual Service Plans (ISP)
- Develop and implement age appropriate activities for participants and ensure active treatment is provided
- Uses special talents to aid the participant in the development of their own skills
- Monitor participants’ appearance and ensure everyone is groomed appropriately
- Monitor participants for appropriate behavior and complete behavior tracking sheets as needed
- Accompany and assist participants during community outings and special events
- Document participant progress on individual goals and submit to QIDP in a timely fashion
- Complete and submit weekly lesson plans by the end of each week
- Immediately inform the supervisor and complete incident reports of unusual or aggressive behavior and accidents. Documentation is due by the end of the business day.
- Provides daily transportation duties of Van Driver or Van Attendant daily as assigned
- Monitor safe entry and exit from agency vehicles
- Budget class money, shops for programmatic needs and responsible for petty cash
- Submit receipts the last day of each program month
- Attend and participate weekly staff meetings and/or trainings
- Communicates with the Program Manager, QIDP and Director as necessary for maintaining clients’ well-being
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Completes other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required
- Must complete training as required by DHS including DSP training, CPR and First Aid and Behavior Management Training
- Ability to work in a team orientated environment
This position reports to Anthony Bennett, Sr. Director of Programs. Please email email@example.com, with your resume, if interested in applying for the position.