Part-Time Occupational Therapist
The Occupational Therapist in the school program serves to interpret the motoric needs of students who have been referred for occupational therapy services by a physician. The specialist interprets the student’s needs for the family and faculty members so they may have a comprehensive understanding of the student’s current level of functioning and the necessary intervention and/or remediation.
- Utilize appropriate assessment tools to test students on a yearly and triennial basis
- Develop IEP goals and contribute to the overall development of IEPs on the OT caseload
- Consult with teachers and other specialists to maintain a team approach in the planning, intervention, and treatment of students who require occupational therapy services.
- Assist teachers in developing strategies implemented through classroom activities designed to reinforce therapy objectives.
- Record all necessary documentation and maintenance of student files detailing current levels of functioning and therapist’s recommendations.
- Supervise the purchase of treatment material and technology related to occupational therapy
Master’s degree from an approved Occupation Therapy program, current occupational therapy license registered with the State of Illinois Department of Professional Regulation.
About Esperanza Community Services:
Esperanza Community Services is an organization dedicated to helping children and adults with developmental disabilities become as independent as possible. The mission of Esperanza Community Services is accomplished through effective programs delivered both on our campus in theWestTownneighborhood ofChicagoand throughout the community. We offer a quality school for students age 5-22 with developmental disabilities and behavior concerns; a day program that helps developmentally disabled adults build self-care and vocational skills; in-home case management; 24-hour supported living residences; ABA behavior support; bilingual services (English and Spanish); plus art, music and many opportunities for remaining an integrated part of the community. Together, our programs and services provide a comprehensive array of support designed to help each student and individual reach his or her full potential.