Bilingual Client & Family Support Program Caseworker/QIDP
Title: Bilingual Client & Family Support Program Caseworker/QIDP
Basic Function: To assist clients and their families in attaining appropriate levels of independence and interdependence through training, counseling and use of community resources. The Caseworker/QIDP reports to the Client and Family Support Program Coordinator.
- Acts as a service facilitator for the DHS Home-Based Support Services and Family Assistance Programs.
- Serves as QIDP for CFSP clients as needed.
- Facilitates setting up necessary medical, dental, social security, public aid and similar appointments, accompanies clients to appointments when necessary.
- Provides direct training services, when appropriate, to clients and their families in the areas of life skills, self travel, community living skills and related issues; assists families and providers in establishing individual and family goals.
- Assists clients in setting up a method for taking medications as prescribed.
- Where appropriate and necessary, acts as an interpreter for clients and their families.
- Provides support with government and banking forms, monitors well-being of clients at home and in the community.
- Maintains files and case notes of activities with specific clients, families and groups.
- Provides transportation to clients and their families when self-travel is not feasible.
- Participates in bi-monthly CFSP staff meetings and assists in the formation of service plans.
- Does ICAPs and maintains data on clients as necessary for service plan development, implementation and evaluation.
- Participates in billing for DHS programs.
- When appropriate, assists in the preparation and presentation of community educational and social events related to developmental disabilities, client/family support groups, etc.
Qualifications: B.A. in a human services field with preference given to candidates with experience in social services. Bilingual English/Spanish and good driving record.